- 25mm outer diameter x 16mm inner diameter x 5mm thick
- Each magnet's north and south pole are on opposite circular faces
- Each magnet can support a steel weight of up to 9.4kg vertically from the magnetic face when in flush contact with a mild steel surface
- Excellent resistance to demagnetisation
- Coated with three layers of nickel, copper and nickel to reduce corrosion and provide a smooth finish
These versatile high-performance ring magnets, with north and south poles on opposing circular faces, have many uses. They are used in many everyday appliances such as vacuum cleaners plus motors, generators, rotor shafts and more. They can even be used to demonstrate intriguing 'eddy currents' using a 15mm copper pipe. Simply slide the ring over the pipe and let it slide down its length and watch it slowly descend as the eddy currents produced create a damping effect. Compare this with our unmagnetised rings of the same dimensions by repeating and watch as the unmagnetised ring slides down the pipe in an instant. A great way to bring magnets to life in the classroom.