- 12mm outer diameter x 2mm inner diameter x 6mm thick
- Each magnet's north and south poles are on opposite circular faces
- Each magnet has a counterbore and a domed finish on the north pole
- Each magnet can support 0.137kg pull vertically from the magnetic face when in flush contact with a mild steel surface of equal thickness
- Resistant to demagnetisation and corrosion without any extra coating
Also known as ceramic magnets, ferrite magnets offer excellent value for money when pull strength is not the most important factor. They have a high resistance to corrosion and demagnetisation and can operate in temperatures up to 180 degrees Celsius. Ring magnets are typically made for loudspeaker systems and their sizes have evolved with demand from this market. However, they are also commonly used in magnetic rollers for separating applications and in the printing industry. Because these magnets are weakly magnetised they are not suitable for weight-bearing applications, but instead are commonly used in sensors and other similar applications.