- 10mm x 10mm x 5mm thick
- Each magnet's north and south pole are on opposite 10mm x 10mm faces
- Each magnet can support a steel weight of up to 2.3kg vertically from the magnetic face when in flush contact with a mild steel surface of equal thickness
- 300°C maximum operating temperature
- Coated with a triple layer of nickel, copper and nickel
- Resistant to demagnetisation and corrosion without any extra coating
Samarium cobalt is a type of rare earth permanent magnet that has the ability to withstand and operate in high temperatures, however they are not as powerful as super-strong neodymium magnets. Because of their high maximum operating temperature they are commonly used in applications such as motors and electric motors, turbo machinery and sensors. They also have many uses in engineering and manufacturing where size and strength is important. What’s more they also have a superior resistance to corrosion.